The role of the Vetting Panel is to decide whether persons seeking to be, or who are, World Athletics Officials are eligible to take office.
The Vetting Panel comprises three persons who must be independent of World Athletics, at least one of whom must be a lawyer. One of these three members serves as the Chair of the Vetting Panel.
Don Mackinnon (NZL) Chair, Esi Schimming-Chase (NAM) and Professor Mark Pieth (SUI) were reappointed to the Vetting Panel by Congress for a further term of 4 years commencing at the conclusion of the 2023 Congress meeting and ending at the first Council meeting after the 2027 Congress meeting.
• World Athletics Vetting Panel Chair 2019-2023
• Diverse sport law background across multiple sports including athletics
• Barrister at City Chambers in Auckland - Labour and Sports Law specialist
• Chair of Integrity Sport and Recreation Commission New Zealand
• Appointed to a number of Government related panels and investigations including a review of the effectiveness of New Zealand's Sports Tribunal
• Experience of the Court of Arbitration for Sport